Header Menu

Thursday, August 18, 2016

65) Boundary Born by Melissa F. Olson

The Blurb :

Something wicked is at work in Colorado’s supernatural community. Vampires are being paralyzed or killed with poison…a weapon favored by witches. This offense threatens to break apart the already-fractured alliance between witches and the undead.

The state’s cardinal vampire, Maven, summons boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther to stop the killing before it ignites a war. Lex has barely started investigating when she gets another surprise: the biological father she’s never met arrives on her doorstep. He has answers to all of Lex’s questions about her bloodline, but getting those answers could mean betraying the life she’s already built.

Then the next vampire is poisoned—and this time it’s Maven herself. The new evil that hunts Lex is powerful and ruthless enough to stop the strongest supernatural creature in the state. In order to find such a killer, Lex will have to face down her own birthright and call on every ally—both living and dead.

My Thoughts :

I hadn't realised that a new installment in the Boundary Magic series had been released so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this one pop up on Audible and of course I couldn't wait to listen to it.  I have listened to all of the Boundary books on Audio and can highly recommend them.  The narrator is great and I enjoy the series a little bit more because of the well read version.

It didn't take me long to get back into the series.  This one is so unique that it isn't hard to forget and I got hooked within a few minutes of listening.  It became harder and harder to take a break from the book as things unfolded so I even sped up the book a little (yes on Audible you can speed up the books!) so I could pack more into my reading time.

While I didn't even like Lex as much as I liked Scarlett, I still admired her.  This installment only fortified that admiration when she faces an evil that she didn't expect and would have broken most people.  She showed her strengths, her weaknesses and then she kicked ass.  A great heroine and definitely someone you want on your side if a fight breaks out.

This felt a little like the last of the series or at least trilogy.  If I remember correctly there were also on three books in the Scarlett Bernhard series which this series is connected to.  I am ok with this being the last book about Lex but I hope it isn't the last time the author visits this world she has put so much effort into creating.  It is a masterpiece that should be enjoyed more and I am so there are a lot more things that can be written about based on this paranormal community.

I look forward to reading more from this world but all in all I will wait in anticipation for the next release from this author.  She tells a great story and weaves a wonderful plot.  I enjoyed every book I have read from her so far and I am pretty sure that this is a trend that will continue.





Amberkatze's Book Blog




No comments: