Header Menu

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

111) Murder of a Real Bad Boy by Denise Swanson

The Blurb :

Still recovering from breaking up with her boyfriend and alienating half the people in town, Skye Denison has sworn off men—but she hires sexy contractor Beau Hamilton to renovate the old house she inherited. After all, who can ignore his qualifications? Golden hair, bronzed chest, muscular thighs—he’s just too good to be true.Sure enough, he has a reputation for conning the ladies. But before the not so naïve Skye can fire the hunk, he turns up dead. Since even bad boys deserve justice, Skye has to juggle more than a passionate police chief, a cagey brother with a secret, and a possibly haunted house. She’s got a killer to catch.

My Thoughts :

I am making up for lost time with this series and I just can't keep away from Scumble River.  I am already up to book eight and at the rate I am going I am pretty sure I am going to be all caught up within the next couple of months.  I am really making myself listen to another audio book in between each Scumble River Mystery but it is getting harder and harder to keep to that rule!  I don't know what it is about this series that makes it so addictive but I am really hooked.

This time around there are some new developments in Skye's love life.  Although there were hints at this in the last book and a nasty cliffhanger, it wasn't sure where Skye would be in this next book.  So this installment is interesting enough due to the ups and downs in Skye's private affairs without the murder mystery.

Skye, as usual, gets involved in the murder of a local.  This time she is even a suspect.  As the case unfolds it seemed pretty obvious to me who the murderer was but I was sure what motive that character had.  It was also clear to me what Skye's brother was up to and with whom....and I am pretty sure I know what a certain 'cheater' was up to as well.  I was slightly disappointed in Skye's long lasting search for her cat.  I thought she would have figured that out sooner.  I certainly had.  Anyway, this is still a great read and another great story.

I am really enjoying the audible versions of this series and highly recommend listening to the series if you like Audio books.  The narrator does a great job and I really have to wonder if I would enjoy the books as much as I do if I was reading them.






Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: