Header Menu

Monday, August 10, 2015

80) Kitty Saves the World by Carrie Vaughn

The Blurb :

It’s all come down to this, following the discoveries made by Cormac in Low Midnight, Kitty and her allies are ready to strike. But, when their assassination attempt on the evil vampire Dux Bellorum fails, Kitty finds herself running out of time. The elusive vampire lord has begun his apocalyptic end game, and Kitty still doesn’t know where he will strike.

Meanwhile, pressure mounts in Denver as Kitty and her pack begin to experience the true reach of Dux Bellorum’s cult. Outnumbered and outgunned at every turn, the stakes have never been higher for Kitty. She will have to call on allies both old and new in order to save not just her family and friends, but the rest of the world as well.

My Thoughts :

It's the end!  The final installment in the Kitty Norville series.  Fourteen books and ten years later it is time to say goodbye to Kitty and find out how it finishes.  The author has had plans since that first book, plans on how it would end and what would happen along the way but I am sure there have been twists and turns that she didn't even see coming and now it is over.  Kitty fans beware.  When you have read Kitty Saves the World you are done.  No more.

Was it the best ending ever?  Not sure.  It was pretty good but there were some things that went on in this book that I didn't expect.  There were some characters that got involved that I definitely didn't imagine had a place in this series and definitely not right at the end.  It was an interesting development but strange.

Is there a nice happy ending?  Not going to tell you.  Read it yourself.  I don't want to spoil things but there isn't a ending for all the characters and I am hoping that the author is going to do a nice spin-off with Cormac/Amelia at the reins.  It would make for great reading.  The previous Kitty book proved that.

Am I sad it is over?  No.  I thought I would be but after all this time and all the stuff Kitty has dealt with it was time for her to get an ending.  Whatever ending.  I am not telling you ;)  Anyway, it was a great series with ups and downs that kept me reading from book one till this final book fourteen.  I enjoyed it, loved it and am happy to have been a part of it.

For anyone who hasn't even tried this series, now you have no excuse.  It is over. You can read them all as slow or as fast as you want to.  This is one of the best Paranormal Urban Fantasy series out there with original and unique twists and great characters.  The story was always worth reading and I look forward to something new from the author in the same style.




Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



1 comment:

Aurian said...

Great review Amber. I do have some of the books, not sure if I have the first one. Someday, I will read them. I think I read a novella once.