Header Menu

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Currently Reading & To Be Read

It has been a quiet week here on Amberkatze's Book Blog.   I have been reading.  I just haven't finished anything.  I am actually reading three books at the moment and I am making slow but steady progress on them all.  Hopefully a review will be coming soon!

Currently Listening to :


The Rose Gardner's Mysteries are a series I started listening to a few months ago.  I finished books one and two and noticed that the rest of the series wasn't available on Audio yet.  So I put off listening to this third installment because I knew I would be annoyed when I didn't have any more to listen to.

I noticed that three more books have popped up on Audible so I decided it was time to find out what happens next to Rose.  Thus cozy mystery like series has a nice twist.  Rose has visions. It also has some very interesting characters, well thought out plots and a very addictive on-going story.

I guess I am about halfway through and hope to finish listening to this next week.




Currently Reading :


As I mentioned, I am reading two books at the moment.  The latest offering from Gail Carriger brings back some great memories of the Parasol Protectorate and actually includes a lot of the characters from that series.

The Paranormal Steampunk mix-up is wonderful and the witty and weird dialogue is very well written.  However there isn't much happening in the story that is grabbing me so I am easily distracted.

The new installment in the Midnight series from Charlaine Harris is an ARC.  I actually debated requesting a copy because I listened to the series debut and intended on listening to this sequel.  Now I have the book and have made a start on it, I wonder if I have made a mistake.  I can actually see myself not finishing this before the release date next month and then getting a copy from Audible and listening to the rest.

Hopefully I will get this one read before the release date but somehow the audio version is calling to me more than this readable version.  Yes I have the book before the release but the first part was a good listening experience and the urge to return to Midnight via Audible is very high!

The Dreaded 'To Be Read' Pile :

Not a lot has been happening to this pile lately.  I hope that there will be some changes over the next couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I really, really want to read Prudence as I love the Gail Carriger books, but the hardcover is just too expensive. I will wait impatiently for the paperback or I will just cave in and go for the ebook.