Header Menu

Saturday, October 18, 2014

112) Demons in my Driveway by R.L. Naquin

The Blurb :

Zoey Donovan Aegis and co-opted protector of all things supernatural is moving up in the Hidden world. Actually, she's being drop kicked onto the front lines of a fight between the newly formed Cult of Imagination and Hidden governments everywhere.

The Cult is opening portals and unleashing demons, vampires and werewolves, growing closer to breaking the lock that holds back the zombie apocalypse with every world they crack open. Oh, and they want every last Aegis in the world dead, and a roving band of Hidden worshippers is only too eager to assist.

On the upside, Zoey finally has her mother back. But having another Aegis around one with very different ideas on how to run things is proving difficult. For their own safety, they're stuck inside Zoey's home. What was once a haven is now a prison, further straining maternal relations and alienating her reaper boyfriend. Taking down a cult and saving the world again would be a lot easier if she could go farther than her own driveway.

My Thoughts :

They say variety is the spice of life.  Well this series really has a lot of variety but I am not too sure about the life.  When I first started reading this series I was in awe of the different kinds of unusual creatures and the very unique concept.  However as the series continues I only become confused and unsure about the whole package.  There is so much to remember and a lot of characters to distinguish that I find myself getting a slight headache trying to keep up with everything.

Huge points to the author for coming up with something colourful, unusual and interesting but I am sorry to say that Demons in my Driveway was my last visit to Monster Haven.  If I didn't have so many books to read and a huge list of series I need to finish/carry on with I may keep this one on my radar but I feel like I am wasting my reading time with this series.  It requires a lot of concentration and you really need to know what is what and who is who.

I am not hating this series or the authors work but it is all becoming too complicated and over the top.  I am just not invested enough in this series to keep following Zoey's journey especially after some of the events that happened in this fifth installment.

Try for yourself, this is definitely a series worth checking out and making your own decision.  I can see why people would love the strange Hidden world the author has built but I am going to let them continue without me.





Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



1 comment:

Aurian said...

Some series are just too complicated to follow after a while. I have some problems with the Cassie Palmer series, they make you so tired.