Header Menu

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

110) One Potion in the Grave by Heather Blake

The Blurb :

When Katie Sue Perrywinkle walks into the Little Shop of Potions, Carly is surprised and delighted to see her old childhood friend. Katie Sue fled her hometown and a troubled family over a decade ago. But she’s not back for a social visit. She’s come to settle a score with Senator Warren Calhoun, who is in town for his son’s high-profile wedding.

But before Katie Sue has a chance to voice any objections, she’s forced to forever hold her peace. After finding her friend dead, Carly vows to find her murderer. Were the corrupt Calhouns willing to go to any lengths to avoid a scandal? Did Katie Sue’s family take the term “bad blood” to a whole new level? And why did the bride-to-be come to Carly for a love potion? As Carly gets closer to the truth, a killer is planning a very chilly reception.…

My Thoughts :

Heather Blake is a very special cozy mystery writer because not only has she added a paranormal element to her books but she has done an amazing job of it.  The second book in the Magic Potion Mystery series shows how talented the writer is and also secured her a place on my top ten cozy favourites.  I was in awe before with her Wishcraft series but now I am in love.

I have to admit that when I started this new release, well I couldn't remember much about the first book.   However, as things progressed the gaps in my memory got filled up pretty quick and I managed to settle back into the world of Hitching Post, Alabama.  As the story got more and more interesting I enjoyed the story and plot the author was weaving.  I had my suspicions regarding the who, what and why and some of my theories were correct but it was only at the end that everything became clear.

Another great plot with some really nice characters.  A lovely setting with a super concept.  Magical elements and a great mystery.  Oh and their are cats.  This series is turning out to be perfect and there is so much more I could say but I don't want to spoil things and give anything away.

Read this series if you love Paranormal mysteries and definitely give this series a go if you already enjoy Heather's other books.   This one is a pre-order series and author.  Can't wait to see what happens next in this well written and exciting series.





Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love this author, too, and just got my hands on this book. Can't wait to read it!

Thanks for this and all your reviews, Amber! I'm a devoted follower if not a consistent commenter. :)

Light,
Nancy